Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Weekend Workouts

As far as activity and running goes, this weekend went pretty well.  After Saturday's breakfast, Phill and I went for a short walk around the neighborhood.  Later that day, we drove up to Stanford University's campus to pick up something Phill had ordered via their bookstore.  Then we ran 4 miles around the Campus.  It was hot and I was getting a bit hungry by then, so the last mile of the run wasn't as fun as it could have been.  After our run, we walked around the campus a bit and then we went to have some dinner at Stein's Beer Garden in Mountain View.  After dinner, we went to their bookstore and just wandered around for a bit before going home.

Today, Phill and I did the Recovery Yoga video as soon as we woke up.  Then I went to the Campbell Farmer's Market with my Mom.  When I got home, Phill and I went for a 3 mile run around our neighborhood and then did the Pre-Run Yoga video after the run.  Today's run felt pretty good - I felt a lot less tired then Saturday's run.

In July, I set a goal of running the September Valle Vista with WVJS.  I plan on still running the Valle Vista with WVJS that weekend, but I will not be "racing" it.  I haven't been doing enough running to do that to myself. 

My next 10 days of workouts will be as follows:

Monday: 2 miles easy, Yoga/Core
Tuesday: 3 miles easy
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: 2 miles easy
Friday: 2 miles easy
Saturday: 3 miles easy
Sunday: 4 miles easy, Yoga
Monday: Off
Tuesday: 2 miles easy
Wednesday: 3 miles easy, Yoga

I am trying to keep things consistent but light until I fully settle into my new job.  The job is significantly more challenging than my last - which is great - so I want to make sure I am not overloading myself physically and emotionally. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: