Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Weekend was too Fast

Wow - where did the time go this weekend?  I can't believe it is 10:08PM on Sunday.  Craziness. 

Saturday - Phill and I went down to the Farmer's Market right outside our front door to get some breakfast and some coffee.  We walked around a little bit and then we went back up stairs to start our day.  Our day began with getting Phill's car over to the shop.  We began our journey, but it quickly ended when we were both concerned the wheel would fall off the car.  So, we called a tow and waited about an hour for the tow truck to arrive.  After that, we had Phill's folks help us out and we are using their Family car.  

Next, we went to Road Runner's sports in Campbell for new running shoes.  I have to say, Road Runner's is handy, but their service for people wanting to get in and out of their store is terrible.  I need to start wearing a sign when I go in there, "No, I haven't been through your Shoe Dog experience and NO I don't want to.  Can you just pull a size 7 New Balance Zante from your shoe rack and let me be on my way?"  Phill and I were waiting to get my shoes for a good 15 minutes.  This isn't the first time this has happened, so I was getting a bit annoyed.  I observed the flow of the store and their team members, and I am thinking of sending some feedback to the Road Runners.  There is little room for customer's just to get in and get out, which isn't conducive for folks who already know what they want. Anyways, I am glad I have a second pair of shoes.  Now I will be able to give my older pair rest between uses. 

After Road Runners, Phill and I went back home for lunch.  Then, Phill did some studying and I did some work.  After that, he and I went to run around Saratoga - we ran WVJS's Douglas course.  It was enjoyable. 

We got back home, Phill continued with his studying and then I made dinner. 

Sunday - We easily slept in this morning, which was great.  Then, Phill made breakfast!  Yummy!  Then....CHORES...lots of them. Then Phill and I ran 4 miles around our neighborhood.  The rest of the evening was homework, work, and dinner...and a short episode of Parks and Recreation (I really love this show!).  It was a pretty good day, but it went too fast. I'd really like just one more day of relaxation before getting fully into the grind! 

Running plan/goals for next week: 

Monday: Day Off / Yoga
Tuesday: 2 - 3 miles, easy,  Core
Wednesday: 3 miles, easy - medium, Yoga
Thursday: 2 - 3 miles, easy, Yoga
Friday: 0 - 2 miles, easy, Yoga (I may opt to skip the run and just do Yoga, depending how I feel)
Saturday: 3 - 4 miles, easy - medium
Sunday: 4 -5 miles, easy, Yoga

If I can do most of the above, I think I can say I had a pretty balanced week. 

Enjoy your week, all! 

No comments: